retreats & stays
now accepting reservations!
The Blessing of Time Apart
Spiritual retreats nurture our bodies and spirits by giving us the gifts of unstructured time, quiet, a shift in daily routines, and a change in environment. At Limina, you will also experience the extraordinary beauty of the landscape reaching out to accompany you on your inner journey. Witnessing to constant changes in the sky, land, and sea can carve new pathways for living through liminal times.
While on retreat, you have the opportunity to develop a deeper relationship with the source of all love and life. In addition to personal prayer and meditation, at Limina we offer daily opportunities to pray in community. We also encourage exploration of new prayer practices and are happy to suggest simple tools and resources to help deepen your connection to God, your inner wisdom, and creation.
The gift of quiet on retreat
An essential part of your stay at Limina will be the quiet. When you cross the threshold of Limina, you will experience the peace and ease of the home and land. By cultivating quiet throughout the house and land, we give each other the gift of listening to the divine whispers in our souls and hearts. Smart phones, tablets, and computers are not permitted in public spaces at Limina. You are welcome to use them, with headphones, in your private rooms. Since much of the “noise” in our lives is visual, we encourage you to consider refraining from using electronic devices so that you can better listen to your own wisdom and divine insights that come to you on the land. If you are nervous about spending time in quiet, please reach out to our staff so we can answer questions and support you.
“You are leaving behind the many noises that come from the world you live in, and you are beginning an inner journey that will open your eyes so that you can see your deepest truth. This type of journey will allow you to discover the treasure that you are.”
Loyola House, Guelph
Offering Many Types of Retreats
Quiet retreats are unstructured and allow the Spirit to guide the shape of each day. Spiritual direction sessions are available at the beginning of the retreat and then a daily check-in is offered. Guided nature walks are offered each day. Reiki, massage, and other healing arts can be scheduled by guests. An atmosphere of quiet is maintained in the house and on the grounds, except for the daily readings at lunch, and conversations around the fire and over dinner.
In addition to receiving benefits from the quiet and landscape, we also offer retreats organized around specific themes related to the many changes that arise throughout our lives. Retreat leaders will share their insights during group sessions, and then you will have plenty of unstructured time to reflect on the teachings. Guided nature walks are offered each day. Reiki, massage, and other healing arts can be scheduled by guests.
Several times each year, Limina is available for first responders, day care providers, teachers and other school staff, health care workers, therapists, social workers, lay religious staff, chaplains, clergy, and their families to enjoy some rest and play. Limina staff will be available to support your stay by providing meals, snacks, and any other assistance you need.
We welcome groups seeking to connect more deeply with nature, each other, and the divine. If desired, Limina staff can be available to help facilitate sessions and coordinate hospitality. Reiki, massage, and other healing arts can be scheduled by guests. Please complete our inquiry form to begin the process of booking Limina for your private stay.
“When change occurs, if we sink into the depth of our inner knowing and allow ourselves to simply be and rest, we allow nature’s intelligence to operate. As humans we tend to immediately look at what we need to do, to “fix” it, but there are times we must rest and allow the energy to build inside us before new birth can occur.”
Speaking with Nature
Rates & financial assistance
- Rooms rates are for single occupancy. If you are coming with another person, please adjust the number of guests at the top of the booking page and click “update.”
- Rooms rates are per night and include:
- Three meals a day, healthy snacks, and beverages.
- Individual spiritual direction sessions;
- Daily prayer and meditation offerings;
- Guided walks and forest bathing sessions on the land;
- Movement classes such as yoga, tai chi, and qigong; and
- Group opportunities to connect with each other and process insights.
- Reiki, massage, wellness, and other healing modality sessions are available for an additional fee paid directly to the provider.
- For themed retreats, if there is a guest speaker or leader, there will be an additional fee to cover the leader’s stipend.
- In the spirit of true hospitality – an essential aspect of Limina’s Christian and Buddhist roots – we are committed to offering financial assistance to those who are genuinely unable to afford the cost of a retreat.
- At each retreat, there are three rates available in the reservation system:
- Earth rate: covers the costs of a guest’s stay,
- Sky rate: covers the costs of the guest’s stay plus some extra to make retreats available to all
- Sea rate: recognizes that finances are not the only resources we have to share in the world
- Please contact us to explore work / stay possibilities if the “Sea rate” does not work for you.
Accommodations at Limina
- Two accessible bedrooms on the first floor – one room has 1 king bed, and the second room has 2 queen beds. There are two bathrooms for these rooms. Both rooms have ocean views.
- Three bedrooms in the east wing on the second floor – two rooms have 1 queen bed per room, and the third room has 2 queen beds. There are two bathrooms for these three rooms to share. All three rooms have views of the ocean.
- Three rooms in the center on the second floor – one room has 1 king bed and an ensuite bathroom. This room has an ocean view. One room has a queen bed and the other room has a full bed. These two rooms share a bathroom. They look over the gardens and meadows.
“Food is communion that erases all boundaries. When we gather around tables like spokes around a wheel, we draw each other into a sacred hoop that affirms us all in our humanity and deepens our awareness of the sacred nature of every breath, every word and every gesture.”
Food and Meals at Limina
During your stay at Limina, we hope that everything you take into your body through your senses will nourish you. The tantalizing smells, beautifully presented meals, and delicious tastes are an essential part of supporting your retreat. Our food choices reflect our values about the land and our fellow human beings, so we happily support local farmers and only purchase meats from animals who have been treated humanely. We always have options for plant-based eating, and gluten-free options are available at every meal.
We offer three meals a day at 8 am, 12:30 pm, and 6 pm prepared by our creative chef. Breakfast is a completely quiet meal to honor the various awakening processes of guests. During quiet retreats, at lunch, we eat quietly while listening to a sacred reading shared by a staff member or guest. At dinner, we enjoy conversation and the chance to get to know each other. Healthy snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the day and at meals. Limina is a substance-free campus.
We look forward to welcoming you to Limina soon!
Subscribe to receive our monthly newsletter with blog posts, podcasts, new offerings and more!